Welcome to ColoradoDriversLicenses.org
We are here to simplify the process of obtaining your Colorado drivers license by providing you with up-to-date information and assisting you with all the necessary steps to getting your license as quickly as possible. We will make sure you are prepared with everything you need to know, what you need to bring, and where you need to go for all your drivers license needs.
It is against Colorado state law to drive with an expired license. You can renew your license before your license expires. Read more
Changing Your Address on Your Colorado Driver License
Colorado law requires that you update your address information as it changes. Read more
Replacing Your Colorado Driver License
If you are in Colorado, may need to visit a driver license office and apply for a duplicate driver license. Read more
Getting a New Colorado Driver License
If you have never been issued a driver license in any state, the state of Colorado requires that you complete a state approved Drivers Education course. Read more
Getting Your Colorado Learners Permit
Once you have completed a state-approved drivers education course, you may apply for a learners permit. Read more
Colorado Drivers Education
Colorado state law requires that all first time Colorado drivers successfully complete a state-approved Drivers Education course prior to applying for a driver license. Read more
Changing Your Name on Your Colorado Driver License
If you have recently married, divorced, or otherwise changed your legal name, you will need to update this information with DMV. Read more
Many drivers' license services may be processed online. Check out the Driver License Easy Guide™ to assist you with driver license services that may be handled online. If you have received a notification from the Colorado DMV, check your notification to see if you are able to submit your requests online.If it is necessary for you to visit an office read these 10 helpful tips:
1. Find the closest Driver License office.
2. Confirm the office hours.
3. Appointments are available at all offices for faster service.
4. Avoid Mondays and Fridays, the best day to visit the office is mid-week.
5. Avoid the 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. hours as they tend to be busy due to the lunch break.
6. Avoid the first and last day of the month.
7. Avoid the day after a holiday.
8. Come prepared with all required documentation to complete your service.
9. Print and fill out your forms prior to visiting your Driver License office.
10. If you have any questions, concerns, or special circumstances contact your nearby Driver license office prior to heading over.